Excited Delirium & ARD – hosted by CLEAT in Galveston, TX – December 8, 2016
- Engaging instructor! He kept my attention throughout the course.
- Good & balanced presentation. I now better understand more about ExDS.
- I liked the relevance to my job and the instructor’s knowledge.
- All content was excellent. This should be mandatory for field supervisors/EMS/Fire.
- I heard it was a good class and I know it will better help me in my job.
- A really good balance of information, stories & humor. Thank you for your candor & dynamic delivery.
- The wide range of knowledge presented. I enjoyed learning the take down techniques.
- Excellent class. I enjoyed everything in the class.
- All videos and powerpoint were well presented.
Response to Resistance, ECD’s & ExDs – hosted by TMLIRP – League City, TX December 7, 2016
- Consideration of co-training with police, EMS, fire.
- How response to resistance is applied to report writing; the concept of coordinated approach with fire and EMS.
- Learning to deal with sudden arrest, excited delirium, individual high risk.
- Signs of excited delirium. Knowing about the studies and case laws that deal with these deaths. Explanation on EXDS.
- All topics actually for our agency. Updated use of force
- Dealing with excited delirium and understanding it is a medical issue.
- Ability to improve or create departmental training products, multi-agency for ED.
- Clues to identify ED, tactics used to handle ED. Use of force.
- I think this is a great course and needs to be taught to every officer.
Excited Delirium & ARD – hosted by CLEAT in Mesquite, TX – July 27, 2016
- All aspects of this class were solid. Learned how to deal with folks dealing with ExDS.
- I enjoyed the hands-on demonstration. Excellent instructor, very knowledgeable.
- I liked the information the instructor presented.
- Very informative and kept the class moving & engaged. Very well put together.
- I liked the honesty and frankness of the instructor.
- I wanted to learn how to better deal with a problem becoming more common.
- The information we received will definitely assist me on the street.
- Presentation, discussions & hands-on were all very good.
- We are seeing more of this on the street & I wanted more info on handling these situations.
- Have been involved & seeing this behavior for 40 years and never had this type of training. Excellent info!
Excited Delirium & ARD – hosted by CLEAT in Longview, TX – May 12, 2016
- Good reminders of something we should know. Opened conversation on new techniques and ideas.
- I liked the hands-on training. Class was excellent.
- Excellent class. This topic was interesting.
- I learned alternate ways to handle this type of suspect.
- ExDS seems to be a growing problem in this area.
- I liked the ideas presented to keep in mind to avoid a lawsuit.
- Good insight & techniques for real law enforcement encounter. Excellent.
- I attended, because I need more training to do my job better. Videos were good.
- I liked everything about the class. I attended to be better prepared for an increasing problem in society.
Excited Delirium & ARD – hosted by CLEAT in Uvalde, TX – April 19, 2016
- I enjoyed the hands-on instruction. Jerry is a great instructor & class was very informative.
- The videos to show what ED looked like and the hands-on activity was helpful.
- Mr. Staton was well informed and very energetic. His knowledge on the subject matter was vast.
- The thorough explanation of ED cases was helpful.
- The info as a whole was good. I had minimal knowledge before the class.
- The presentation was good and learned several things about the topics. This training is good for all patrol officers.
- Thank you so much! The class was very informative!
Excited Delirium & ARD – hosted by CLEAT in Aransas Pass, TX – February 23, 2016
- The entire class was very well organized.
- Great class, very good exposure to information on an understandable level.
- Excellent class – wish all of our officers could attend. I enjoyed the instructor’s interaction with the class.
- I liked the different case studies and physical restraints demonstrated.
- Enjoyed the class and instructor is very knowledgeable about the subject.
- Information was clear, direct and the instructor had stories to enhance the material.
- I liked the hands on and the ability to see the techniques work.
- Video and explanations of actions with information was helpful.
- I liked learning how to deal with someone in crisis. Excellent instruction.
TASER Instructor – Harris Co SO – Humble, TX – Nov 30 & Dec 1, 2015
- Jerry is an excellent instructor.
- I enjoyed the initial course and 2 re-certification classes that were instructed by Jerry Staton.
- This was the best class I’ve been to in a long time.
- Jerry has been my Master Instructor for close to a decade and his knowledge and instruction style on this course is 2nd to none.
- Staton was well prepared and is a very good instructor.
- Great scenarios to take back to my agency.
- I have been taught by Jerry Staton several times over the past 15 years and each time I gain additional knowledge that I am able to pass on to others.
TASER Instructor – Marble Falls PD, TX – October 28 & 29, 2015
- Very good class! Outstanding, excellent practical training drills.
- As always, Jerry keeps the class involved and is very knowledge able in subject matter.
- Excellent instruction! Great training scenarios.
- Always valuable training. Great refresher!
- Great training and I feel I learned a lot.
- Excellent instructor & good class.
Excited Delirium & ARD – hosted by CLEAT in Brownwood, TX – October 13, 2015
- Excellent class! Information was presented in a clear manner.
- I learned more techniques to handle subject and enjoyed hands-on portion.
- Mr. Staton was very good with his delivery style. I enjoyed all aspects of this class.
- Good class – timely. I had to use a TASER on an ED suspect about a month ago.
- Enjoyed the entire class, but mat work was great!
- Very informative and helpful in recognizing these situations & preparing to deal with these types of encounters.
- It was not boring & an in-depth of training!
- This topic seems to be something that we are seeing more and more. I want to be prepared for an encounter.
- Very great instruction, command of knowledge and class atmosphere.
TASER Instructor – Pearland PD, TX – September 29 & 30, 2015
- The instructor’s knowledge and law enforcement experience adds to the credibility of the course.
- Excellent as always. Jerry is always real!
- Great course. I learned a lot to take back to my agency.
- Scenario based training was unique and as a result I will become an effective corse instructor.
- Some of the best training I have had over the past several months.
- Great class. Instructor is obviously very knowledgeable in this subject matter.
- Enjoyed hands on training.
Excited Delirium & ARD – hosted by CLEAT in Kilgore, TX – September 16, 2015
- I enjoyed the hands-on training & videos.
- Instructor had good knowledge of ED subject & I enjoyed everything about this class.
- Jerry does a good job with this class & always makes it interesting.
- I liked the PowerPoint portions of this class as well as the hands-on section.
- I attended because of the growing # of calls dealing with ED.
- I wanted to learn more about handling these individuals. Good job!
Excited Delirium & ARD – hosted by CLEAT in Port Arthur, TX – July 16, 2015
- I will highly recommend this class to fellow offices. Techniques and understanding with officers are contending with both civil and criminal liability in dealing with people with ED.
- I wanted to attend, because of the high number of people we deal with on PCP & synthetic drugs.
- Good class, excellent instructor and good material. I enjoyed it.
- I learned what ED is and how to better recognize and handle it.
- Took this class to better prepare myself for any engagement with citizens in the community. All the info presented was helpful.
- The explanation of subject medical vs. criminal info was great!
- I enjoyed the different take down techniques and tactical hands on training.
TASER Instructor – Selma PD, TX – July 6 & 7, 2015
- Instructor encouraged class feedback.
- The stress course is awesome!
- Good overall training, great time management and class participation.
- Jerry Staton is a very positive representative of TASER.
- Instructor did an excellent job and made the course comprehensive and comfortable.
- Isolation drills are a huge benefit. Jerry is very dedicated in teaching others.
- Outstanding presentation and realistic training.
- Have attended numerous TASER instructor training with Jerry Staton as the instructor since 2004 or 05. Since then I have attended all the recerts and feel comfortable and at ease.
- Jerry Staton was well prepared (as always). He presents in a confident, capable manner and encourages participation.
- Great training, very informative, Master Instructor Jerry Staton was very knowledgeable on subject matter.
TASER Instructor – Harris Co SO, TX – May 19 & 20, 2015
- ”Encouraged information exchange between students. This class is always very informative. I particularly enjoy the different scenarios. Scenario training is exceptional!”
- “Jerry is always well prepared. Knowledgeable & experienced over the subject matter. Always ensures a safe training environment.”
- “Very knowledgeable, always professional & safety was #1. This is my 2nd re-cert class and always great and informative much needed & more.”
- “The overall course content was a good balance of hands-on and classroom experience. I enjoyed the instructor’s enthusiasm and knowledge of the TASER training.”
TASER Instructor – Round Rock, TX – April 30 & May 1, 2015
- “Outstanding TASER Instructor training! I liked the timed competitive final course.”
- “Instructor kept class attentive and was extremely knowledgeable of material. Very good class.”
- “It’s good to have various cartridges for multiple deployments!”
- “Great class as always, I’ve been attending Jerry’s class for several years. He always puts on a great class.”
- “Great instructor! Honestly is concerned that instructors are doing a good job teaching their students.”
- “He is also obviously passionate about teaching. Best TASER course I have ever taken!”
- “Good training with real application of use of force. This class could have not been better.”
- “Excellent course – very productive training.”
Excited Delirium & ARD – hosted by CLEAT in Temple – February 20, 2015
- “Informational / techniques that I will be able to use daily.”
- “The control / cuffing drills were especially beneficial to me. Great class. Great Instructor.”
- “It is a growing Problem. I wanted to learn how to better deal with these situations.”
- “I liked the information and I attended to become more knowledgeable about this relatively unknown phenomenon.”
- “Enjoyed the takedown maneuvers and ideas of control.” “I now know how to recognize ExDs, protect self, subordinates, agency from liability.”
- “Enjoyed all aspects of the course.”
- “This class shold be required for all TCOLE jail and telecommunications personnel, it would help officers on the street. Glad I took the class!”
TASER Instructor – Laredo, TX – December 15 & 16, 2014
- Great course. Scenarios provide realistic training guide.
- Informative on X2 model TASER and new technologies.
- Course was very structured. Instructor was knowledgeable of material.
- Scenarios were close to real world scenarios.Over all great course.
- Course was great as always.
- Instructor was top quality, professional and very well informed.
- TASER is a great product, but the instructor is a 5-star trainer. Among the best!
TASER Instructor – Nacogdoches, TX – December 8 & 9, 2014
- Good drills and very good class.
- The course was very good and safety procedures were in place.
- Awesome Instructor! I would recommend Instructor Staton as one of my top choices for TASER / Use of Force for training.
- Jerry did a good job keeping class running smoothly and enjoyable.
- Good / informative class as always.
TASER Instructor – Taylor, TX – October 23 & 24, 2014
- “Instructor kept trainers attention. Had great knowledge of product and course content. Stayed on point.”
- “Touched on all important points. Thorough safety considerations and ensured everyone was a safety officer.”
- “Good interaction with entire class. Enjoyed experience and learned good material. Overall great instructor and he covered information well.”
- “Great environment and instructor encouraged participation. Loved all the practicals and scenarios.”
- “Great interaction and good comments. Great speaker, taught class well.”
- “Very informative and hands-on helped out. A lot of hands-on! Awesome class as always!!!”
Excited Delirium & Arrest Related Death – Hosted by Hurst PD – October 15, 2014
- The course was very well laid out. I enjoyed learning about the studies and testing that has been done, as well as the statistics. Very informative and excellent course on all levels.
- Presentation and all segments were explained very well.
- The instructor urged questions and input. I enjoyed the class interaction and feedback.
- Great class! I feel I received a great deal of knowledge. I enjoyed the classroom portion and the hands-on demos were a great refresher.
- I now see how this is a medical emergency and no longer a criminal matter. I now know how to handle these situations.
- I liked the hands-on portion because it is the best way to learn. I also liked that I got a CD so I can revisit the information.
- I agree we should include Fire/EMS in these calls from the start.
Excited Delirium & Arrest Related Death – CLEAT hosted @ Texarkana, TX – August 25, 2014
- “This instructor made sure we fully understood the topics and answered any questions. The presentation provided info, but the hands-on and experience/stories were great!”
- “I liked the hands-on. There were several ways demonstrated to do the take downs and I found this info helpful.”
- “I’m glad to better understand how to recognize ED. . . hopefully early enough to be able to avoid a death.”
- “Have never received training on this subject until today. I would recommend to other officers in my department.”
- “I learned what ED was and now I realized that I have been lucky at least twice in the past. Excellent!”
- “Instructor also kept the entire class involved.”
TASER Instructor – Wichita Falls, TX – August 20 & 21, 2014
- “Fantastic – very good target and scenario training. I enjoyed the open forum and ideas from other instructors.”
- “Materials and aids all laid out prior to class. This instructor was extremely knowledgeable.”
- Emphasized that everyone was a safety officer.”
- “I liked the scenarios with live cartridges.” Good course!”
- “Easy to follow and it was enjoyable.”
- “Great instructor very well prepared and very knowledgeable.”
- “Great instructor and was open to questions and classroom discussions.”
- “Very safe training environment.”
TASER Instructor – Lewisville PD – August 11 & 12, 2014
- “Instructor is passionate about this program and great at instructing. Thoroughly covers lesson plans and tactical operations.”
- “Relaxed environment but facilitated focused training which required participation. Good class.”
- “Knowledgeable and competent instructor. Very good class.”
- “Jerry Staton is an excellent instructor. I have re-certified several times through him and I always learn new things.”
- “Class and instructor was very well prepared and safe.”
TASER Instructor – Georgetown PD – August 6 & 7, 2014
- “Maintained a comfortable and safe learning environment.”
- “Well instructed course with an Instructor who knows the topic very well.”
- “Good training class. I enjoyed the final practical scenario.”
- “Provided vast knowledge and skills to be used with the TASER.”
- “Class was very good. Lots of good information!”
TASER Instructor – Midland Co SO – July 29 & 30, 2014
- “This is my 4th time in this class with Jerry & TASER. It has been a very great experience to be part of this class. I learn something new to take back to my class everytime. I will return to get great material from Jerry Staton.”
- “Knowledge of real life situations and presented the information in a manner applicable to police work.”
- “Jerry and Debbie did a fantastic job. Great personalities and make class interesting. Very positive.” “Great as usual. This is my 5th recert with Jerry Staton and his classes are never boring. He wants people to learn.”
- “Loved this class! Great hands-on training.” “Kept the class interesting – never boring.”
- “The instructor was very knowledgeable of material and presented it in an effective manner. He was knowledgeable of law enforcement profession and presented the information in a manner applicable to real life situations.”
- “Instructor assisted students in comprehending questions and concerns.”
Excited Delirium & Arrest Related Death – hosted by CLEAT – La Marque – July 22, 2014
- “Awesome class!!! This should be a required class for all certified jailers and officers.”
- “Very interesting class a lot of material I can apply to everyday events.”
- “Staton is a very good instructor. Nothing boring about this class or teaching. Very good info to know and learned some new things.”
- “Excellent course. I needed to be familiar with new techniques when dealing with combative suspects who were under the influence.”
- “Great job presenting course. I attended to gain knowledge, insight and be better prepared to deal with ED situations.”
- “The ExDS situations are becoming more and more frequent. Staton provided hands-on training which helps students retain the material.”
Excited Delirium & Arrest Related Death – hosted by CLEAT – Laredo – July 8, 2014
- “I enjoyed everything about this course, especially the hands-on demonstration. Excellent course!”
- “Material and skills presented was new to me. It was a good course.” “Instructor was open to questions.”
- “This problem is faced in the jail setting from time-to-time. I enjoyed learning the signs and clues to recognize.”
- “I appreciated the hands on portion, the video real world examples and the notes provided.”
- “Overall excellent course.”
- “Knowledge and experience Mr. Staton brought to the class was excellent.”
- “I enjoy all your classes and though I have recertified a number of times, I continue to learn new things to take back to my agency.”
- “The instructor was knowledgeable and answered all questions. Great class!”
- “Had no prior training with a TASER before this course and now I feel very comfortable carrying one and instructing others.”
- “Excellent job by Master Instructor Jerry Staton. Really liked the stress course!”
- “This is the 3rd class I’ve had with Jerry as my instructor. He is always prepared and professional. He makes the class realistic and fun.”
- “Jerry Staton is a very professional instructor who uses humor to lighten the mood and get his points across. Well done!”
- “Instructor had good communication and good rapport with students. Great assistant.”
- “Very good instructor. I will go to more of his training classes.”
- “Always a good course. Worth waiting for Jerry.”
- “Great job as always, informative class. Truly a Master Instructor.”
- “Staton was very informative and was really good at keeping the classes’ attention the whole time. “
- “Jerry made the class fun and informative. The scenarios were great training.”
- “Outstanding instructor! I enjoyed the drills. Instructor was well prepared, and demonstrated thorough knowledge of the course material. Allowed class participation. I thoroughly enjoyed this course.”
- “Enjoyed reality based scenarios, hands on drills and instructor’s attitude.”
- “Instructor was knowledgeable about the subject matter and made the class fun instead of boring.”
- “Good facilities and good course. Instructor stressed safety. Very informative class loved the hands on – it was awesome.”
- “The course exceeded my expectations. Enjoyed the instructor and drills.”
- “Excellent refresher & new information. Very informative & very hands on. Great class!!”
Excited Delirium & Arrest Related Death – hosted by CLEAT – Abilene – May 22, 2014
- “Jerry Staton presented this material very well, kept the attention of the students and encouraged lots of feedback. I needed this info to relay to other officers.”
- “I attended to learn more about this growing problem. I enjoyed all material and the presentation.”
- “I learned how to recognize symptoms of ED and take down techniques.”
- “Mr. Staton was very knowledgeable on this subject and presented the information clearly.”
- “I liked the video clips and take down options.”
TASER Instructor – Fort Hood PD – May 20, 2014
- “Practical run with multiple targets was great. Kept everyone engaged in class.”
- “It is clearly evident that Jerry Staton is extremely well-versed with this material and as a great style in passing the material to each student! “
- “Jerry Staton was very thorough with the safety portion and ensured that each student did the same.”
- “As usual, Jerry runs a great class – worth coming to. Meets the needs of our department.”
- “The manual and contents were very well presented! This was a great course given in a very professional manner.”
Excited Delirium & Arrest Related Death – hosted by CLEAT – Lubbock – May 1, 2014
- “The information presented was relevant and comprehensive to all fields (LEO, EMS & Fire). ” “Enjoyed the training, instructor was very captivating with the material.”
- “This made me realize how much my squad needs to practice coordinated hands on training.”
- “This class contained plenty of information, statistics and realistic training.” “Hands on training and video scenarios were excellent.”
- This class helped me realize symptoms /people with ED. It is important for an agency to have a plan to deal with these people.
Excited Delirium & Arrest Related Death – hosted by CLEAT – Amarillo, TX – April 30, 2014
- “The instructor was down to earth and subject matter was very informative.” “The hands-on section was good, but obviously takes practice & proper training.”
- “I enjoyed the videos, take down techniques and explanation of positional asphyxiation”
- “Practical demonstrations were helpful, as were videos about real life situations with people with ED.”
- The instruction was on point — overall information & instruction excellent.”
Physical Skills Training – La Porte PD – April 8, 9 & 10, 2014
- “Excellent class – it is an eye opener and teaches you skills to survive.”
- “This class completely surprised me by the intensity and level of skill of the instructor.”
- “Instructor is very knowledgeable and doesn’t make anyone feel stupid or inadequate, just reiterates the point.”
- “I was shown skills that can really be used on the street.”
- “Instructor was very well versed on multiple defensive and assaultive positions.”
- “Enjoyed the multi-officer take downs – instructor let the officers work together. Received a great workout!”
- “The ground fighting techniques and take downs were good.”
- “We covered a broad spectrum in a short period of time and discussed real world use of force situations.”
- “Life saving information doesn’t get much more valuable than that!”
TASER Instructor – Hurst PD – Texas – April 3, 2014
- “This is my 4th re-cert with Mr. Staton he keeps the class interesting. “
- “Very well run. Training materials are some of the best I have left a class with. Very knowledgeable instructor.”
- Excellent! Have attended numerous classes with this instructor and he is very knowledgeable.”
- “Thoroughly enjoy the way this instructor implements scenarios into the class.”
TASER Instructor – ILEETA Conference – March 29, 2014
- “I am a returning TASER instructor and have not been certified since 2011. This was by far the best TASER class I have ever had. No BS, just honesty.”
- “1st recert was exciting as my 1st class. Can only say that if all master instructors have Jerry’s passion to train, you are in good hands.”
- “Excellent performance by this instructor. He held my attention completely. Enjoyed the course. Looking forward to re-cert with Mr. Staton in the future.”
- “Fantastic instructor, excellent course. Showing examples of drills to put students through was helpful.”
TASER Instructor – Cedar Park PD – Feb 25, 2014
- A lot of hands-on and live fire training! Use of vehicle during stress drill was good practice.
- Jerry has a great ability to teach and relate to the students in the class and his knowledge of the CEWs is thorough.
- Lively and engaging instruction that encouraged participation.
- Jerry Staton is very knowledgeable about TASERs. This is my 2nd time through this program and I learn something new every time.
Excited Delirium & Arrest Related Death – La Porte PD – Feb 12, 2014
- I have dealt with a subject in past, however, Jerry taught me how the situation should have been handled. Top notch info. Enjoyed learning the hands-on take downs.
- I now have a better understanding and feel confident I could hande an ED situation appropriately.
- Well organized material, good presentation on interesting information.
- Liked the video clips that went along with the class. Helped to better identify what ED looks like in the field.
TASER Instructor – Garland PD – Jan 22, 2014
- “Felt as an Instructor course it was directed perfect. Instead of hearing all the info again, Jerry made quick focused points for Instructors. Excellent!”
- “I heard nothing but great comments about Jerry, so I purposely took this course with him. He didn’t disappoint!”
- “This course was functional and applicable, not just power point and firing a few CEW.”
- Enthusiastic instructor, well prepared, and presented material in understandable manner.”
Managing Excited Delirium – Missouri City Fire & Rescue – Sept 5, 2013
- “This class contained more information and hands-on than I expected. Wren Nealy & Jerry Staton were excellent instructors.”
- “Now I recognize what past encounters were presenting. This class re-enforced to have a plan when going for a take down. I enjoyed the physical skills and learning the IV skill.”
- “I can now recognize Excited Delirium and to possibly deal with a patient experiencing ED.”
- “I know have a better understanding of ED & how to control it. I liked the take down techniques and Ranger IV.”
- “The skills learned will be used to keep myself as well as co-workers and patient/suspect safer.”
Managing Excited Delirium – Leon Springs VFD – August 3, 2013
- “I learned Katamine works well for sedation in an ExDS case.”
- “I feel that I got more than I expected from this class and enjoyed it very much.”
- “Both instructors are very knowledgeable and gave a very good presentation.”
- “Relatively simple, yet effective way to control a potentially fatal situation.”
- “I learned how to properly restrain someone who is suffering from this medical condition, how to properly deal with it and how to treat it.”
- “The course was informational – had no prior info on the subject.”
- “I am thoroughly surprised as to the amount of information I received in this class.”
- “The physical skills were beneficial and now I can apply them if necessary.”
- “Excited delirium is far more dangerous than previously realized.”
- “The opportunity to practice take downs and Ranger IV was awesome.”
- “The class was well organized and well put together.”
TASER X26, X26P & X2 Instructor – Odessa PD – July 12, 2013
- “Very hands-on and realistic objectives.”
- “I liked the stress course.”
- “Jerry Staton is always well prepared.”
- “Everytime this class gets better – interactive training.”
- “Stress drill was excellent.”
- “Jerry provided extra training & awesome hands-on drills.”
- “Great job!”
Excited Delirium & Arrest Related Death – Calcasieu Parish SO, LA – June 21, 2013
- “I got more than expected with the mat work. I liked the demonstration on preparing a subject for medical transport.”
- “I liked the videos — to see actual symptoms of Excited Delirium.”
- “Instructor was very knowledgeable and program well put together.”
- “I’ve had a lecture on ED before, but this was well presented and contained more info.”
- “I learned different and useful ways to restrain someone experiencing ED. I highly recommend this course.”
- “I learned better physical clues & what to look for. I now have a plan of action.”
- “I work in corrections/transportation and learned a better handcuffing technique for mental or ED patients.”